VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM

Default /uiwinscale reseting?

I've been trying to adjust sizes using /uiwinscale X

It seems to work like a dream while I'm logged in, but as soon as I restart the game all the scaling I've changed defaults to 1.0

I've browsed through the UI save files, and can't seem to find any lines in there indicating the scale of a window. Is there something I'm missing, or can this not be saved?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
VGInterface Super Mod
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintal
I've been trying to adjust sizes using /uiwinscale X

It seems to work like a dream while I'm logged in, but as soon as I restart the game all the scaling I've changed defaults to 1.0

I've browsed through the UI save files, and can't seem to find any lines in there indicating the scale of a window. Is there something I'm missing, or can this not be saved?
Sigil removed the ability for this data to be saved until they can make it more reliable.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 PM

Thanks, I'll just manually do it until they get it back in then. Now I know I'm not going crazy =p
Old 06-02-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Any updates yet

I've been playing around today with this and it seems to reset for me too. Anyone heard anything about a fix for this or is it still on a back burner?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:40 PM

I tried this today as well. Seems to be resetting as expected. It got to be a pain after a while because I kept typing the resize text while on the run. I did have a small solution, which I'm sure many of you may have already done as well:

What I did to combat that was make a macro of it and popping it on a hotbar. So when I log in, I just place my mouse over the window I want to resize and press the macro. I'm usually all set within a few seconds. Much better than typing it over and over and over.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 AM
SMod
VGInterface Super Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Sarrene

They turned this off many months ago due to the problems with the resizing of text. I hope they turn it back on again soon. I think it was back in begining of Febuary or something like that.

Untill then, I made a macro for doing just that. It saves a LOT of time when you chance characters or just logged in.

1) Choose the spot on the Main hotbar
2) Name your macro what ever you would like.
3) Create the macro ( /uiwinscale .6 - or what ever size you would like)
4) Check Text only macro
5) And hit create

Now when you log in, all you have to do is change over to the second tab in the Main hotbar, mouse over the windows you would like to resize, and hit that corrosponding number.

Below is an example of mine on one of my characters.. including the hotbar.
Note for those that do not know: 1.5 is HUGE and .5 is tiny

Peace,
Sarrene'
Attached Thumbnails

Old 07-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Is this something that will soon be addresed? I like the standard UI. Like everyone else I modified mine a bit smaller and ran into the same problem of not being able to save it.

Can anyone write a file that can be written to and saved? Or is that just impossible?

Athiss
Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod

Send a message via ICQ to Apoco Send a message via AIM to Apoco Send a message via MSN to Apoco Send a message via Yahoo to Apoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athiss
Is this something that will soon be addresed? I like the standard UI. Like everyone else I modified mine a bit smaller and ran into the same problem of not being able to save it.

Can anyone write a file that can be written to and saved? Or is that just impossible?

Athiss
That would require something done in the client itself by Cylus or another Developer. We do not have the ability to read/write to/from custom files.
Feature Request
FAQ
Proud Member of Blades of Wrath
Author of AssimX UI