Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to rgagnier06 Send a message via Yahoo to rgagnier06
Default (FLS) Fabled Looting System

Released:

http://vginterface.com/downloads...ingSystem.html
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Default attendance

Rgagnier hello!!

I am lootmaster for Havoc on Xeth and we have been running FLS since about the begining of October and we absoultly love it. I have a few questions with regards to how Fabled has been running there loot system. See it seems that one of our biggest crutches is keeping accurate attendance. We have been updating the ladder attendance right at the begining of each raid and before each boss kill. Well suppose to be checking before each boss kill but we seem to keep a fairly good thumb on who all is comming and going.

Anyhow my first question is how are you guys tracking attendance? Are you doing it visaully and manually or is there another program you are running that can track this?

Is there anyway to use the /dumpchat function to dump the logs after a ready check and rip through the logs with some kind of script to pickout the ready check info and then using that info create a notpad file in the FLS syntex to be imported into the loot ladder? I am pretty ignorant of these things and dont know really what is resonable and what is not

Last edited by kliknik : 12-11-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Fabled DM Author
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via MSN to rgagnier06 Send a message via Yahoo to rgagnier06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliknik
Rgagnier hello!!

I am lootmaster for Havoc on Xeth and we have been running FLS since about the begining of October and we absoultly love it. I have a few questions with regards to how Fabled has been running there loot system. See it seems that one of our biggest crutches is keeping accurate attendance. We have been updating the ladder attendance right at the begining of each raid and before each boss kill. Well suppose to be checking before each boss kill but we seem to keep a fairly good thumb on who all is comming and going.

Anyhow my first question is how are you guys tracking attendance? Are you doing it visaully and manually or is there another program you are running that can track this?

Is there anyway to use the /dumpchat function to dump the logs after a ready check and rip through the logs with some kind of script to pickout the ready check info and then using that info create a notpad file in the FLS syntex to be imported into the loot ladder? I am pretty ignorant of these things and dont know really what is resonable and what is not

Kliknik,

I am glad that you've found FLS to be a useful tool

As far as tracking attendance:

-At the beginning of the raid we add everyone to the ladder that is not currently on it (new raiders). This is a pretty easy/quick task when u have the raid window open and the FLS window open at the same time. If you run in full screen, i can see how this might be slightly less convenient though.

-Once everyone is added (at the start of the raid), I run the "New Raid Wizard" to tell the FLS program who is raiding and who is not; once i do this, (if u have the option selected) all raiders will have their missed raid counter adjusted.

So i suppose the answer to your question would be, yes; We do adjust participation manually through the wizard.

As far as parsing the chat log for a ready check, i havent really looked into this. I would need to check out the syntax of the text that is put in the chat from the ready check. Does it post each raider's name or just those that are not ready?

Definitely something i can look into though