VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 05-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Question Jackstraw's CoreUI3 Horz. HUD

I've been giving your HUD a whirl and there's one thing about it that needs a little work - the jin/virtue/blood union etc. counter. At present its just a X/X counter that hovers down around the bottom of the HUD. I would like to see the progression meter moved off to the left or right of the HUD and a similar object added for the "virtue" counter where the progression meter currently is. I think it's more useful to have the counter there instead of the meter (as a ranger the only thing it does is indicate how much more powerful my stance has become - I'm not sure what it does for other classes) but as a disciple having that jin counter front and center is a big deal.

For now I'm dropping the coreui counter right up in the HUD's business but the problem with it is that it is always up, target or not. Integrating a bit more into your HUD would be an awesome improvement - either way I think I'm converting from goldeneye to your HUD!

Great job!

EDIT: Actually, I had some time so I copied in the CoreUI3 counter into your HUD. I'm assuming no class will ever have both a "jin" counter and a progression meter, so I just put it in the same spot as your current progression meter. That way whatever class you use the HUD with, the most important data will be right there.
Attached Files
File Type: xml CoreDuskHUD.xml (51.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Aalwein : 05-08-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Made the changes myself, file attached.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:02 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jackstraw, I also noticed that the golden overlay is not working. I've fixed it up with a new graphic file and some changes to the xml files.

I've uploaded all these changes as a patch to your HUD. Feel free to add them in to your standard distribution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip jackstraw-dusk-fix.zip (27.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Hey thanks for the input...course i'll have to admit i'm pretty ignorant on the jin for diciples , virtue for monks , and to be honest i rarely look at my progression for form, but i threw it in there just in case anyone else does. but i think i've got a pretty good fix for that one, by making the jin/virtue/progression bar bigger and putting it between the playerHP and targetHP, and rearranging the the target lvl/con pos a bit.

Oh and because i submitted this late at night i boofed up and sent the wrong graphic file causing the goldenoverlay to be filled in instead of just a frame, but have fixed that one too.

And last but not least i modified the coreoptions.exe file to include the new HUD, that way you don't have to eliminate the DuskHud.

I've got most of it done but need to roll up a deciple and test it out just to see what it looks like...

Thanks again for the help and input especially since XML is definately not my forte, i'm more of a visual basic guy

Jackstraw

Last edited by jackstraw : 05-09-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Hey Aalwein took a look at your fixes and looks great so i didn't change anything except that the .tga file you sent me was just over a meg, not sure why other than the graphic program your using maybe..(i use gimp myself). so i just resaved it and got it back down to just over 50k.

and added the CoreOptions.exe file i redid to avoid killing off the dusk hud

thanks again,
Jackstraw
Old Today, 07:31 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I use photoshop. I wasn't even paying attention when I saved it so I probably forgot to save it correctly. good deal though, gonna download yours as memory saved is longer time without a crash! lol