Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Old 05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
VGInterface Super Mod
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default My moving on post...

Hello,

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm officially moving on and will not be updating the Drox UI any further. There are a couple customized versions of my UI and if anyone else wants to take the latest version and update or modify it, you have my permission.

The past 18 months has been a lot of fun and I truely appreciate all the support and encouragement that I've received. Thank you all very much!

I wish everyone the best in their continued travels in Vanguard and the many other virtual worlds.

I'm not playing anything else at this point, but I've picked up the pre-order for AoC and will check it out, though I doubt I'll stay long there for many reasons including my current real life work load.

Warmest regards,
--Drox
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
VGInterface Admin

Safe travels Drox. Hopefully we'll get to see you again further down the road. Don't be a stranger.

Admin: EQInterface, EQ2Interface, LotROInterface, WoWInterface, VGInterface
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 05-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Farewell Drox - thanks for a great UI - I'm sure it will live on in some form or another.

(and please check your PM box before you leave completely - got a question for ya hehe)
Old 05-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Sad to see you go , but i hope to see you back again when you able. i used your UI since VG when live , its a great ui your updates will be missed

Dosi
Old 05-08-2008, 04:51 PM

Hey Drox,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help! I've loved your UI for quite some time.

Sorry to see you go.
I wish I was graphically oriented (I can't make small adjustment decisions in 'looks' lol) or I'd give this a try - I'm a very experienced C++ dev but have zip in the way of UI work and only teeny XML experience (just configs) and have never even read anything about how to configure these UIs or even know where the 'documentation' resides

One quick question in case he is reading this - why is it that when someone (GM) logs in my account and does not have Drox as his UI it blanks my non-std buttons?

Is there a write-up of what the procedure is? I assume the problem is that his client reports I have so-and-so buttons and the server then clears the other settings not reported? Why? Why not just leave them untouched so the next client if it has those buttons up can inherit the old settings. I assume this is what happens (or similar) at the server end - OR - is this specific to Drox or a prob with UI coding not that the server is messing it up?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Sorry to see you go, as are many of us I'm certain. Word has filtered to the SoE boards as well.

Thank you very very much for saving the artwork that would have been lost post beta, Parkinsons' additions the the UI are worthy, and kept alive and well in many aspects with your code.

See ya around !

Jim
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 PM

the devs are working on a fix for this problem of the buttons being blanked. it is an isue on their end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd
Hey Drox,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help! I've loved your UI for quite some time.

Sorry to see you go.
I wish I was graphically oriented (I can't make small adjustment decisions in 'looks' lol) or I'd give this a try - I'm a very experienced C++ dev but have zip in the way of UI work and only teeny XML experience (just configs) and have never even read anything about how to configure these UIs or even know where the 'documentation' resides

One quick question in case he is reading this - why is it that when someone (GM) logs in my account and does not have Drox as his UI it blanks my non-std buttons?

Is there a write-up of what the procedure is? I assume the problem is that his client reports I have so-and-so buttons and the server then clears the other settings not reported? Why? Why not just leave them untouched so the next client if it has those buttons up can inherit the old settings. I assume this is what happens (or similar) at the server end - OR - is this specific to Drox or a prob with UI coding not that the server is messing it up?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Great was hoping was there, this issue is the only thing that prevents me from really enjoying custom UIs to their fullest since so much work has to be redone.

But back to the issue at hand Drox, I hope you have time to return and play in the future. I had to 'leave' for 7-8 months when my son was born since I had no time or interest in playing while my life was so busy Things settled down and I play now past 10pm when he is safely asleep.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:00 PM

Take care Drox and good luck in your future endeavours. Thank you very much for your dedication and the continuous work youve put into your UI. Since beta and until this day it is my favorite

Wish you all the best