VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM

Default DroxUI v2.5 With Extras

For everyone that has requested and used my previous DroxUI With Extras, well I've finished the new version. Sorry about delays as I was building my new machine and had to get everything reinstalled but I think you will be pleased with the new extras included. These are currently the extras/fixes:

· Modified Compass To Allow More Range on the Red Tick.
- not much more can be done with allowing more that what I have set
for range of motion. Later I hope to add/create a new compass
system of my own. You may or may not notice a very tiny black
edge from the center fill escaping the compass ring. This was the
only way I was able to get more noticable range with the current
graphics.
· Added Maddy Craft v2.10.
· Fixed Maddy Craft ToolBelt & Cancel Bug.
· Added New Features To Quest Log Window.
(now shows quest level in colour and type of quest resembled as an
icon)
· InfoMap Advanced v1.4.
· Darkspells Small Bags v3.6 (with decon fix).
· Tarod ShortCut Panel (modified).
· New Riftway System To Shortcut Panel.
· Raid Lockout Timers To Shortcut Panel.
· Mothers LFG Indicators v1.0.0gfx10.
· SADialog v1.4.
· Drag and Drop Market by Dkrice80.
· Target Assist Tool v1.0 by Yandar.

Instructions are as follows (One Click installer includes FULL instructions):

My Download Page with all my mods can be found here: http://hosted.filefront.com/DeeZaster
Look at the bottom of this post for the latest versions and links to them.

Launch Installer and browse to your installed Vanguard folder. If you installed into the default folder then you don't need to change the location, just click Install. If not an example folder would be:
D:\Games\Vanguard and then click Install.

Once installation is finished a popup window will be shown and explain how to add the UI to Vanguard so its used when loaded up. If you are a previous user of DroxUI or DroxUI With Extras you can skip steps 1 to 4 and continue to step 5, if not do the following:

1. Open vgclient.ini located in Vanguard\bin\ folder with notepad (make sure to change to view ALL FILE TYPES before you look for the file. When the file is open look for:
[UI]
ShellName=Default
2. Change Default to DroxUI so it looks like below now:
[UI]
ShellName=DroxUI
3. Save the file, making sure to say YES to overwriting if it asks.
4. If you want to use preset UI templates copy the files located in:
Vanguard\VGUIAssets\Shells\DroxUI\Layouts\
to
Vanguard\bin\
(if your updating from a previous version, I recommend NOT to copy these over as they will erase your saved layouts you've set before.)
5. Launch Vanguard, once your in the game your UI will most likely be a mess. Press ESC or open the game menu by clicking the options icon (usually on the bottom right). Click on DroxUI settings, now load one of the layouts from 1 to 4. If your updating, your UI will be back instantly if you used this feature. If this is your first install, spend some time now to reorganize it to you liking. Layout 1 is my personal layout with all features that I use in game set and organized.

I've removed the Nadgars HUD Pack and will make a separate version if anyone is wanting them. I personally find them useless to my gaming preferences and only a few people actually used it on the older versions. As well this slowed down some peoples FPS when it was included. If your wanting them back, post a reply and I'll link a different installer for you.

Thats it, enjoy and leave some feedback if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions.

LATEST DROXUI WITH EXTRAS: DroxUI v2.5 With Extras Revision 1
http://files.filefront.com/DUWE25+Se.../fileinfo.html

LATEST NADGAR HUD ADDON PATCH: DroxUI v2.5 With Extras Revision 1
http://files.filefront.com/DUWE25+r1.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by DeeZaster : 04-15-2008 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 AM

Thanks for your work! I will be happy to get it again. Switched to CoreUI3 after GU4 but I cant get myself used to the centralized Combat HUD, so I am very happy to switch back to Drox.

(to clarify: CoreUI is a great UI with nice features, but I am an old dog that seems to be unable to change... )

Old 03-28-2008, 05:02 AM

DeeZaster,

thanks a lot for your mod, it is really usefull.

Thanks.

Sylph

Last edited by Sylpheril : 03-28-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Thank you for the mods. One thing. Infomap has already updated to version 1.5 to include the riftway in Tanvu and a few other (what look to be) cosmetic changes in thier lay out.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:41 PM

how do i get rid of the short cut menu and the LFG menu?
Old 03-30-2008, 10:56 AM

Hello.
This is the first UI I use and it's great, but I have a problem with the shortcut menu. When I press "emote" it's not doing anything. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Thanks all for the replies. I've made a rev1 for people that havn't installed/updated the Advanced Infomap before, so your riftway will be fixed. The setup file can be found at the above link, look for file DUWE25_Setupr1.exe. I'll answer some questions now and I also see I have some work ahead for me to do, this being, adding features to enable/disable most of the Extras. This might have to be in the direction of adding an extra tab showing up in the DroxUI settings window. I should have time to do this soon. For now I'll answer with a quick way to remove both the shortcut panel and the LFG window.

First the short cut panel. Open index.xml in the DroxUI folder with notepad, make the following change:

<Window filename="TarodShortCutPanel.xml"/> <---Delete this line

Save the file, ShortCut Panel is now gone. Next for the LFG window. Open the same file, index.xml and make the follow change:

<Window filename="VGUILFG.xml"/> <---Delete this line

Save the file, and then open SkinInfo.xml the same way and make the following change:

<AnimationDefinition filename="mothers_widgets_01.xml"/> <---Delete

Save the file and now the LFG window is gone. If you want to do any cleaning up, remove the files listed above (only the ones you removed) from the DroxUI folder, they can be found in the Windows and Textures folders. Not necessary, but its up to you. If your unable to get them removed send me a pm and I'll mail you a small patch to do the changes.

iyhang your question:

Which side of the screen are you putting the shortcut panel? If its on the right, then the emotes are going off screen. I can always explain how to change it to show up somewhere else or make a patch for you. Let me know.

I'm also looking into using a real installation setup, not just the built in SFX in Winrar. This hopefully will allow people to pick and choose what features they want added into the DroxUI, it will also be able to find your Vanguard folder for you too. If this solution works, I might just skip the settings tab. Its going to depend on which one takes the longest to do with a new update and then I will go with the quicker method.

I'll keep everyone updated. If you have any suggestions let me know and I'll see if they can be added in.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:28 AM

Exclamation

Hello everyone,

I just had taken a look at my download page on filefront and noticed almost everyone is downloading the older version of the DroxUI v2.5 With Extras (with the missing rift in Kojan). I will always post on the first thread what the latest version is, which is Revision 1 for DroxUI v2.5 With Extras with YELLOW text. This way people will have a fully working UI and nothing broken. I've also moved files around on filefront as well, older versions can be found in a folder call "Older Versions" and any file you see in the main area will always be the latest.

Also for anyone that wanted the Nadgar HUD pack, you can find the patch on my page when you visit filefront.

Take care all.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Hello, I forgot about my question. Yes, it was on the right side of the screen, it's ok now.
Ty.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 PM

If you would like to know how to change it so you can place it onto the right side just let me know. I can also make a patch for you if your not comfortable editing files.