VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Who will be the next Drox?

Hi,

Just curious if there is anyone that's able (and willing :P) to take over updating the Drox UI for future GUs that may require changes to the interface? Since Drox has moved on for whatever reason, it would be cool if his awesome UI could live on.

K
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM

I do hope someone picks up the ball for Drox. I like Drox, spent a long time customizing it and I have no desire to switch to another custom UI.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM

i love drox as well.. it would be sad to let this awesome ui disappear from our game
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM

Default Bye Droxyboo!!

Drox, although not all that efficient on my FPS, was a great UI mod that I simply could not live without. I am currently using myUI which uses some elements of DroxUI and have tried ManicUI but found it wanting, and will likely try CoreUI just to see how it clicks. If Drox don't come back, we must find a new home in which to lay our mouse clicks and keyboard commands.
But, Drox Rox!!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Custom Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Customprofile

Give Darker2.0 a try also, very nice mod and very lite on the FPS. It includes alot of the things Drox has.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM

I have never done an ui mod before but I have a few years of programming experience. In the next couple of days I am going to look at all the changes in the default UI files and try to update the Drox files accordingly. No promises but if I get stuff working I will make it public. Just so you know this will not be adding new mod features this will just be an update 4 pass. also Drox if you do read this and post saying you are going to maintain your UI I will stop.

Craeat
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
VGInterface Super Mod
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey folks,

I haven't played VG in about 6 weeks or so. I'm not really playing anything else at the moment, just sorta lost the drive that kept me coming back. That and a new job and just spending more time with my family.

Craeat, I will try to make a new update this weekend. If you make any progress, even simply identifying what needs to be changed, I'd be happy for any help you can give. I'll check back here before I start and will post a message on the forum when I get it done. Don't kill yourself digging into it though, I can generate diff logs of everything that changed in the default ui. I then just need to figure out what needs to be brought into my mod.

Anyway, thanks and I'll be in touch in a few days with an update.

--Drox
Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM

Yay for Droxypants! - I feel ya though bud. A lot of people hate the new update and all the bugs that come with it. I am pretty much holding out to see how AOC turns out, hope it will be good.

10x for updating the UI
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

drox,

changes already identified are adding the riftway files to the index.xml and skininfo.xml

I have also identified the files that were changed in the default ui that you have modded for drox they are:

vguiabilities.xml = droxabilities.xml
vguiencounterdisplay.xml = your various different versions of encounter files
vguiraidmanagment.xml = droxraidmanagment.xml
vguirefininfstart.xml = expandedrefininfstart.xml
vguiplayerstatus.xml = droxplayerstatus.xml

also you will need to look into your user.ini they have added a number of new keybinding options in the default ui to give you hot keys for every rescue slot, chain slot, and reaction slot. notes for this are in the patch notes so now you can have hot keys to pick wich rescue, chain, etc you want to use.

thats all i found so far all of the other files that have changed you were already useing the default versions. I was just about to ask in here if anyone had the pre gu4 versions of those 5 files saved anywhere so i can see the new stuff added to them, but if you have that info as well great. I will sit back and wait for your update. Its never easy to go through another programers code and then try to continue from there so thank again for comming back.

Craeat
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

I'm sure you'll find it in the diff, but the "assemble all" clickie on the assembly page isn't there on DroxUI either. It's handy...

*chops off everyones hands and assembles a necklace*