VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Help

Old 08-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Super Custom Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Customprofile
XP bar help

If possible could someone paste(or help me) with the code to add to the default XP bar to show the values of the Resting XP (on the right side, number and %)? That way I can just copy it into the default xp xml file. Right now I am using the default xp bar and just added the code to show the Adv, Craft, etc. values(I just copied and pasted, thanks Cristo)

As you will see what I have now is when I click on Crafting, for an example, to change clothes to crafting it shows the correct % for XP, and I thought I had it showing resting XP on the right side of the XP bar like I want but it is not showing the Resting blue bar nor the correct amount of resting XP, I think.

I am all screwed up plus i think it is not very clean either... This is what happens when you think you know enough to do something then you find out you know just enough to screw it up bad....

Here in the attachment is what I have so far, I think it is right....... maybe

********Update version 0.03***********
-Added Resting XP % to Diplomat (maybe)
Everything seems to be working ok, just need someone to test it and check it out...

********Update version 0.02***********
-Added Resting XP % to Adventuring and Crafting (Maybe)
-All spheres have XP %
-Default UI XP bar
-**Added new attachment to this thread with the updated file**

I think I have it now but would someone check it for me? Most of the code was from Cristo, thanks, so I tried to use sommon since when doing this since I have no knowledge of xml at all.

********Update version 0.01***********
-trying to add Resting XP %

I think I have it working for the Adv and Crafting, not sure though, I also updated the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: xml VGUIPlayerStatus.xml (37.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Customprofile : 08-17-2007 at 11:10 PM. Reason: rewording / update
Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Super Custom Member
Premium Member

Would someone mind checking my lasted file to see if everythign is ok? Thanks, also thanks to Cristo
Old 08-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Super Custom Member
Premium Member

I was noticing that the way it is set up now when you subtract the Resting XP number from the Adv or Crafting XP number(or vis versa) it gives you the correct value of the Resting XP % you really show on the blue bar.... So if there is a way to do this in the code please help......

Last edited by Customprofile : 08-17-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

So far as I know, it is not possible to do math.

The rest xp value shows you to what % of your current level the amount of rest xp will carry you, not the actual amount left.

When it's all used up, I'm not even sure if it goes to zero, or just stays equal to your xp value.

I'd love for SoE to give us some more variables related to rest xp, like a value of a percent full... even a boolean of rest xp maxed out would be nice so I know there's no point in locating an outpost before I log... maybe they will in coming patches.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Super Custom Member
Premium Member

Thanks Mother, the way it is now it works as long as you just subtract the Rest from the XP or vis versa. And yes when your Rest XP gets to 0 it displays the same number as your XP.

I wish there was a way to modify it......

thanks again.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Cry Spoon!!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother9987
I'd love for SoE to give us some more variables related to rest xp, like a value of a percent full... even a boolean of rest xp maxed out would be nice so I know there's no point in locating an outpost before I log... maybe they will in coming patches.

/agree

That would be awesome to have. It would also be nice for those who removes any visible bar to conserve screen realestate and rely on numerical values only.