VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 08-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha
Default PoI Maps of the Continents v2.0

PoI Maps of the Continents v2.0

The new version of my PoI Web Maps is now available. This is a major revision, including the following:
  • Changes to the window framework, including a scrolling side section for the controls.
  • Key is now given in a separate window.
  • Adjustment of zoom levels to give better scaling options.
  • Choice of Cobal's maps or the standard ingame maps.
  • New option to switch between the continents (whilst keeping the PoIs and other options currently selected).
  • Separate options for chunk lines and chunk names.
  • Now uses the same PoI categories as the downloads page, including selection of individual resource types.
  • Additional abbreviations for common NPCs and objects.
The maps can also now be used with the Customized PoI Downloads, to preview the PoI selection you will get in your CustomPoINames.txt file before you download it. NB: The map and PoI options are disabled in preview mode since they must be changed from the downloads page to alter the content of the downloaded file.

Plans for v2.1
  • Option to toggle text labels between full, abbreviated and none.
  • Option to toggle mob text labels between names and/or level/dot ratings.
  • Option to upload a CustomPoINames.txt file for checking against maps and the database PoIs.
  • Separate version of the maps showing resource and mob distribution by tier.
None of which are particularly big or difficult to do, but I figured I'd waited long enough already to release the new version. So they'll go in next time! The functionality for reporting PoIs by tier will then be re-used to provide a resource tier key for the InfoMap UI mod.

Soresha

Old 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Ghost
VGInterface Super Mod

Location: Currently live in Alabama, though Michigan shall always be home.
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarrene

Oh, that is very very nice! And wonderfull work! Thank you all for all the hard work you have put into that. It is wonderfull!

I am defenatly going to have to get this thing going on my system. Once more, thank you for the hard work and the time put into it!

Peace,
Sarrene
Old 08-08-2007, 05:41 PM

Thumbs down

Um... Wow!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Cry Spoon!!
Premium Member

Omg this is so great. Heaps of thanks.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 AM

Absolutely /signed. Really great work
Old 08-09-2007, 05:03 AM

Really a very exellent pice of work. Thanks for this great map-tool, Soresha.

Greets Caellian
Old 08-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Well I'm glad you like it.

Don't forget there's also Cobal's Web Atlas - which is built using google maps and the same PoIs from the database on my website. Ok it's possible Cobal's atlas might fall one update behind at times, but only because he hasn't had time to apply the update or I forget to send it!

Anyway you may also like his atlas for general browsing since the google maps are more interactive, whereas my maps are perhaps more focused on displaying the raw data.

Soresha

Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Fantastic!

This mod is truly wonderful - I loved it as it was and now you have added more functionality - its like christmas Cheers for your hard work!!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM

PoI Maps of the Continents v2.1 - Now with plot locations!

Not what I'd planned to do next, but I was contacted by Unicorn's Lady about creating some accurate maps of plots before the server merges next week.

So the database now supports plot and guild hall plot PoIs, and there's an option on the map pages to display them. It's been a bit of a rush job this evening, so do let me know if you find anything wrong.

The current plot PoIs have been collected by Thalantyr and Unicorn's Lady, and they've mapped out some of the housing areas.

Here's an example from Kojan:

Calling All Loggers!

I believe Unicorn's Lady is now on a mission to map out as many more as she can over the next few days. If anyone else would like to join in, just check the maps on my website and pick a housing area that hasn't been mapped yet. Then try to log every plot once (and only once!) Stand against the plot stone if accessible, or the front door if a house has been built. You'll need to use the semi-automatic logging method, give some text that includes the price of the plot and say if it's a guild hall plot - see the website for details on how to do this, and also this post: http://vginterface.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=49

Given the imminent server merges, please email log files for plot locations to me directly and I'll upload them asap. Don't put them through the parser on the website or I won't find them in time! Thanks.

Plots & PoI Downloads

The plot PoIs are not currently available on the downloads page. Partly because I was focusing on the web maps, but mostly because the current downloads page won't deal with the sheer number of them. It will break the ingame maps if you try to put all the plots for a continent into a CustomPoINames.txt file. The solution might be an option to select PoIs by chunk, it's an idea I've had for awhile, but would take longer to implement.

So they're not currently available for downloading, sorry!

Housing Area Maps to Download

This is Unicorn's Lady's idea - to produce simple image files players can download and refer to, showing the plots and other facilities. I doubt this can be done before the merges, but it's certainly on the agenda. They can be generated in the same way as the InfoMap images, with pretty markers, etc.

Soresha

Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM

PoI Maps of the Continents v2.2

Two major new features:
  • Option to upload a CustomPoINames.txt file to view over the maps. Once uploaded, displaying the PoIs from the file can be toggled on and off. Any markup in the PoI text is removed. Search and abbreviation features are applied to the file PoIs in the same way as for database PoIs.
  • Option to display a single external PoI from an "href" link, e.g. in a forum post or an email. Access to database PoIs is restricted to the Travel and Services categories when an external PoI is viewed. Web page provided with form to access in creating links for external PoIs.
For an example of an external PoI link, click here:
Let's meet here on Friday!

Also a number of smaller changes:
  • Search feature made easier to use.
  • Separate category for guild hall plots.
  • Total number of PoIs currently displayed is shown in the menu.
  • The key is now integrated into the map window, with controls to show/hide both the key and menu.
  • Positions of PoI markers are now highly accurate, based on precise ingame chunk geometry.
  • PoIs in the same broad categories (i.e. with the same colour markers) are now always combined if the coordinates are identical.
  • Display limit of 5000 PoIs applied across both the database and file PoI sources, intended to prevent timeouts from attempting to process excessive amounts of data.
  • Logo and link to homepage added to the menu.
  • Corrected the name displayed for the Ahgram chunk (-14,-11).

Plans for v2.3

Despite what I put in another thread a few days ago, I've had a re-think! The next thing I'm going to implement will be zone maps, ie individual chunks. I believe this will make checking the new PoI data alot easier (if I ever find my volunteer to do that...*hint*), plus dungeon maps can then be implemented in the same way.

And finally, a little announcment I'm allowed to make...

Sony Online Entertainment are now using a modified version of my map code internally, to assist their staff working on the game! How cool is that?

Soresha