This Beta version of InfoMap is no longer supported.
Please go to the following pages in the Maps download section of VGinterface.
Replacement Map Images
Updated map images for InfoMap are now available from the project web page: http://www.soresha.net/infomap/. These updates will be generated as new data becomes available in the PoI database.
Changes in v0.5
- Map images are now generated using new calculations, which position the marker dots as accurately as possible in all chunks.
- Includes all data for resources and services up to 02 Sep 2007 (2834 resource PoIs and 130 service PoIs).
Changes in v0.4
- Includes a key to the markers. To see the key, open the main map window and zoom out until the whole map can be seen.
- Further adjustments to marker positions to improve accuracy in some chunks.
- Includes all resource data up to 17 July 2007 (2154 PoIs) plus some new service locations.
Changes in v0.3
- Background images updated to use Cobal's latest maps (v0.6), including the Qalia river valley.
- Minor adjustments to marker positions in some chunks to improve accuracy.
- Includes all resource data up to 06 July 2007 (1895 PoIs) and some new altar and bind stone locations.
InfoMap is a Vanguard map mod for use ingame. It is a joint project, combining Cobal's full colour terrain maps with PoI data from Soresha's website. PoIs are given as coloured dots and other markers, superimposed on the maps.
Locations are included for all six tiers of resources. Altars, bind stones, riftway stones, bankers, exchange brokers and mailboxes are also given.
The date in the filename indicates when the data was extracted from the PoI database. The PoIs have been collected by players using an Automatic Logging System, and comparison scripts are used to check new data, so the accuracy of the data is high.
The map mod can be installed on it's own or combined with other UI mods (tested with Drox UI). It can also be used in conjunction with a CustomPoINames.txt file for your other PoIs.
The current releases of InfoMap are a basic version which simply replace the ingame maps. Work is in progress to produce an advanced version of InfoMap, which will organize the markers into separate layers that can be toggled on and off whilst playing.
Installation instructions and further details are available on the project web page: http://www.soresha.net/infomap/
Discussion thread here on VGinterface: http://www.vginterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652
Feedback and suggestions are welcome.