VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Interface Requests

Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 PM

Default ingame browser

is it possible to have the in game browser from either core ui or eximus without the rest of the ui

the uis in question look very well put togather but for me i prefer my ui the way i currently have it setup and do not wish to completely redo work already done

im using info map advanced as the only other ui modification and would like to add the browser with the various links i have seen in the screen shots

is this possible ? and how would it be done i have looked at teh folders for these two ui's and have not been able to figure out which folders are needed to be moved into my current setup and where to place them

thanks in advance for any help you can offer
Old 04-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Well if you want to use the default ui and infomap, that should be enough I think.
The Infomap also has a button to open the browser, so you wouldn't need anything else.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:56 PM

the infomap browser doesnt seem to support the ability to open pages other than its own help screen
Old 05-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollux
the infomap browser doesnt seem to support the ability to open pages other than its own help screen
InfoMap has a single, free-floating button that launches the browser window at Techy's Core Redirector page. His page allows you to enter any URL, and provides a selection of common sites.

Perhaps you have the web redirector button disabled in the customizer program, or on the options pages (in the browser window).

Old 05-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hi Sollux

Like the others posted, Infomap will add the shortcut-button for the ingame browser (you may have to customize a bit to see it by running the uicustomizer that comes with it).

If you then want to add the remake of the actual browserwindow with bookmarks and additional buttons, for instance that from Eximius, all you need to do is take the following 2 files from Eximius and place them into the windows-folder of the UI you are using.
From reading your post I gather you only got Infomap running apart from the default UI. Therefore you need to make a folder called "Windows" in your infomap folder and place these 2 files from Eximius in it:
BrowserBookmarks.xml
VGUIPetitionWnd.xml

and then add these to your index.xml file found in the infomap folder (at the bottom of the file where you see:

<!-- Support for independent map projects -->
<GameplayWindows directory="Map">
<Window filename="VGUIMap.xml"/>
<Window filename="VGUIMiniMap.xml"/>
<Window filename="RiftMaps.xml"/>
</GameplayWindows>

add the following just below it):

<GameplayWindows directory="Windows">
<Window filename="VGUIPetitionWnd.xml"/>
<Window filename="BrowserBookmarks.xml"/>
</GameplayWindows>

Also make sure you comment out the default petitionwindow, somewhere top/middle of the index.xml file where the default windows are loaded, by changing the line:
<Window filename="VGUIPetitionWnd.xml"/>

to:
<!--Window filename="VGUIPetitionWnd.xml"/-->

Save the file and you are done.
Have fun!

G

Last edited by Gantru : 05-01-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:39 AM

thank you for the responses and suggestions

i will try these a bit later when i get home

i dont remember running any type of customizer when i installed infomap so i will start there and see where that leads then see if i need to follow the other suggestions after that

again thank you kindly and i will post later to let you all know how things went

Soresha spot on the button was apparently disabled running the customizer fixed that

Gantru awesome exactly what i was looking for

thank you again you guys rock

Last edited by Sollux : 05-01-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: reply