VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM

Default Spkd

> Released <

http://vginterface.com/downloads/info152-SPKD.html

Hotfix (1.0.2) has been uploaded. This update fixes the graft button for necros, increases healer hotbar slots to 8 max, fixes the HUD visibility on relog, and increases the resizable hotbar height so buttons are not cut off.

This update is not required unless you're a necro

Last edited by Spiked : 09-24-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Premium Member

In your screenshot the "hud" is partial transparent. Mine isn't. How do I make it do that?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:11 PM

hrm, as of 1.0.1..... file 'SPKDHud.xml' @ line 116, char 33 - "globalOpacity="150"

this is what does that, and it should be transparent by default.... I am unable to explain why it would not be unless the files were modified.

Is it possible you are looking at the actual player and target windows? The hud has these 2 windows replicated inside of it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Premium Member

I see that line in my XML.

I'm definitely looking at the HUD. Its obvious by going into layout mode. I did notice some buttons on it in layout mode to make it bigger and smaller. But nothing to make it transparent.

Odd.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

Wondering if maybe I screwed somethign up on the install? I wasn't sure what to do with the files in the GU6 subfolder. I copied both the textures and windows fodlers from GU6 and copied them over the normal ones in the main SPKD folder. Was that wrong?

I also just had a problem with the quest window. I couldn't scroll down to the buttons at the bottom, so I am more suspecting I did something wrong.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

That was indeed my problem. I deleted the SPKD directory, re-extracted it and left the GU6 subfolder alone and now it all works perfectly.

Guess that folder is part of the setup ... it just confused me.

My apologies.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM

No problem. I include the GU6 folder for a couple of reasons, though I'm really not supposed to do so. That folder is actually the same as your default folder as of the release of GU6, and before that I had GU5. Vanguard is a bit different than what you might expect when it comes to updates. Alot of times, when an update occurs, it changes files that a mod would normally depend on to be a certain way. Normally you would expect that not using the default directory would cause your mod to stop working, but actually on vangaurd, it seems more likely that you would keep a solid state by not allowing any files your mod depends on to be changed. Updates will still be needed to introduce new features, but I am trying to make updates unnecessary. You hopefully won't ever HAVE to update to make the mod work, rather, you can update by choice to get new features.

Ofcourse, this is only my plan, and only time will tell if this is to be the case.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Premium Member

If i can, i'd like to make some suggestions. I'm still on the hunt for the "perfect" UI for my tastes, and SPKD comes pretty close. I really like that the overall "feel" of the graphics reminds me of early beta for some reason.

There are a couple things though that i'd love to see that would make this even better in my eyes.

1) An optional button that opens the Spiked Settings window
2) An optional button for toggling the healer window and healer hotbars (separately would be great)
3) More slots on the healer hotbar. I seem to need a lot on my Bloodmage for some reason.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:18 PM

how many slots on the healer hotbar? these are very easy to add, i just simply capped it at 4... you can drag the window downward to expose up to 4 slots at this time.

I bumped it to 8 max, and will be releasing an update in a few minutes (I was about to upload 1.0.2 when i saw your post)

the other items you mentioned are in the works in upcoming updates except for the button that will directly open the ui settings b/c i have never liked the idea of this, instead I am still working on making many many things directly editable with expanding windows and hotkeys. So the idea, is to get away from ever needing to use the UI settings ... or almost ever.

Last edited by Spiked : 09-23-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Premium Member

8 SHOULD be enough.

How do you plan to handle things that you want to be able to toggle on/off depending on what you are doing?

Like the healer windows, I only want up if i'm in a group.

Not sure how you plan to handle things like this without a settings window.