VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2007, 06:37 PM
SOE

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to indroduce myself real quick and give out my contact info.
My name is Jason and I'm taking over most of the UI code now that Silas has moved on. I've been working on Vanguard for almost a year. Now I'm doing tool coding and some UI work.

I plan to add some more functionality to the UI as time allows. We also have a guy who's great at optimization working to make the UI much more responsive and less of a CPU burden.

To start, I plan to open up more data to the UI through some new game variables. On test, I've got the Offensive Target Debuffs & Buffs now seperated out into two game variables. I've also removed the old multi-row debuffs list from offensive target and replaced it with drox style Debuff/Buff windows. The UI code for the multi-row window still works for UI's that use it, but we felt the new look was much more friendly to users and performed much better.

In an upcomming test patch, there will be another new game variable available for use that shows debuffs cast on the offensive target by the current player. The current debuff list will still contain all debuffs on the target, but the new one will only show debuffs you've cast. This was requested by some players and designers so that players in groups or raids can see the status of their own debuffs without having to search through a long list that's constantly changing.

That said, I'd like to open this thread up to requests for data you'd like to see available to the UI. If there's something you would love to have available to the UI for your mod, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Major overhauls and large functionality changes probably won't be availble for a while though, so for this thread I'd like to minimize those.

Also, if you'd like to contact me via email, I've setup an email address just for Vanguard Interface corrispondance. The email address you can contact me at is vginterface@gmail.com.

Hello again everyone and thanks for all the great UI mods.