It's been a bit longer in the making that we'd hoped, but we've finally got there...
Vanguard UI Map Mod - by Cobal, Nadger, Soresha and Xndyr
Project pages at: http://www.soresha.net/infomap/
InfoMap Advanced v0.2
The Advanced version of the InfoMap UI mod includes significantly more functionality than the Basic version.
- Higher resolution maps of the cities.
- Rift maps in a separate window.
- Separate layers of data for services, cloth, metal, stone and wood, which can be toggled on and off.
- The key to the PoI markers is given in a separate window.
- Resizable minimap, with functionality to zoom in/out by left/right clicking over the map plus a button to open key window.
- Optional toolbar with buttons to toggle the data layers, can be re-positioned in layout mode.
- Initial selection of resource types according to character's harvesting skills, triggered by moving the mouse over the minimap after logging in.
- Smaller icons for ingame and CustomPoIName.txt file PoI markers.
InfoMap Basic v1.0
InfoMap Basic remains as a alternative version of the mod which simply replaces the ingame maps. A new release of the Basic mod is also available, for anyone who might desire it. This contains the following improvements:
- Corrected for Game Update 2 and the new raid UI.
- Map images optimized, now with smaller memory footprint for better performance.
We strongly urge all users of InfoMap to upgrade to either the Advanced or Basic version.
The previous beta version of InfoMap is now quite old, and is no longer supported. Please remove the old version completely before installing the new versions.
The InfoMap UI mod can be used either as a standalone mod for the default Vanguard UI or as a map plugin for player-made UIs. It has been tested with Core UI, DroxUI and myUI. Other player-made UIs should generally be compatible, however if you do encounter difficulties please contact the author of your UI mod in the first instance.
NB: DroxUI is only compatible from v2.2.1 onwards.
If you use DroxUI you MUST upgrade to DroxUI v2.2.1 before installing either of the new InfoMap versions.
Updated Data Images
These are available from the project pages as before. However please note that due to the image optimization these are no longer compatible with the old beta version of InfoMap - another good reason to upgrade!
Due to the image optimization by Nadger, the memory footprint of both InfoMap Advanced and InfoMap Basic is now alot smaller. That means a much smaller performance hit! So don't worry about using the Advanced version if you have a low-end PC, if anything you'll probably see an improvement.
However please direct your comments to the right people.
For terrain and city maps - Cobal
For rift maps - Nadger
For XML (windows, buttons and general functionality) - Nadger/Xndyr
For PoI data - Soresha