VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Apoco Send a message via AIM to Apoco Send a message via MSN to Apoco Send a message via Yahoo to Apoco
Default AssimX UI (6/15)

Latest Release Date:
< 05-31-07: 08:33 AM EST >
AssimX UI
By: Apoco
--------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
This UI is designed, specifically for my guild and myself. It is based off of my highly modified NurfedUI in which I used in World of Warcraft. I will give support the best I can, however I cannot promise anything as I am very busy.

This UI is NOT Clicky-User Friendly.
ie: if you use your mouse to do every single action ingame, I would not recommend trying this UI.

However, if like myself, you use hotkeys for everything -- as they are more efficient and much quicker -- then this is the UI for you.

Features:
  1. Little-To-No Graphics
    1. I have removed most -- if not all -- of the obtrusive graphics in the main part of the UI.

I have found through testing, that doing this not only looks better (in my opinion), but has a significant FPS Performance
      Increase.

IE:
      Test 1:
      Had several of the hotkey bar graphics on, FPS Steady at 40-50.
      Reload UI with no graphics:
      FPS INCREASES TO OVER 80.

Restart Game
      Same FPS 80+

Change Back To Graphics, ReloadUI:
      FPS 30-40.

Restart Game:
      30-40

Change Back To NO Graphics, Reload UI
      FPS Back up to over 80.

Why this happens?
      I do not know, poorly coded back end I imagine.
  2. Smaller ActionBars
    I made all of the hotkey icons much smaller than default.
    I like this simply put, it gives you more screen view.
  3. Mini-PlayerStatus
    1. Full HP and HP %
    2. Full Energy & Energy %
    3. Full Endurance and Endurance %
    4. Full Jin and Jin %
    5. Name turns Red if you are in combat
  4. Group Listing
    1. Horizontal
    2. Vertical
    3. Mini-Group That Shows Only HP, Name, and Direction/Distance
    4. Healing Group with HotKeys that Auto-Target The Members
    5. All Use Class Colors!
      1. If you do not know what these are, it is something Blizzard added into World of Warcraft, where each class had its own color. I loved the idea, and it is much easier and faster for me to be able to memorize the colors, than to have to read the class names one by one. A listing of all class colors has been added into the settings menu.
  5. Aggro Listing
    1. Mob Name
    2. Direction
    3. HP & HP %
    4. Distance
    5. Who is being targeted
  6. Target Listing
    1. Name
    2. Distance & Direction
    3. Border Changes Colors Based On Mob Difficulty
    4. Numbered Dots
    5. HP Bar & HP %
    6. Who is being targeted
    7. Buffs & Debuffs
    8. Current Spells Being Casted
  7. Buff Listing
  8. Debuff Listing
  9. Custom Maps
  10. Drox's Quest Log With Quest Level's
  11. Drox's Abilities Windows (Modified)
  12. Titan-Type-Bar
  13. Compressed TGA Files (Increases Game Loading Rate a tad bit)
Bug Tracker:
CLICK HERE

Feature Request:
CLICK HERE

FAQ:
CLICK HERE

Credits

* First and foremost: Halcyon Affinity of Florendyl
-- These guys have been the best guild ever, allowing me to test certain aspects of the UI while grouped with them.
Giving positive/negative feedback, opinions, ideas, etc. Don't let the masses fool you about these guys, they are great!

* VGSohInterface.com
-- This site is wonderful, and it is teh best. I want to thank the Admin Staff for all their hard work, and not hounding me to get back to staff stuff while I finish the release of my UI. Give me a few more days, and the new style will be up-and-running.
* Drox
-- Great Job on the Quest/Ability Windows! I only had to slightly edit abilities, got tired of scrolling through 50000 pages to find one ability
* CMod
-- I had a lot of great ideas from your unitframes, and even slightly used some of the graphics, for no other reason, than they are great! Big Thanks To You!
* Nadger
-- For being the little smurf that I love and jacked his Template codes from. <32u Nadger
* Ryuno
-- For finding out how to fix the chat frame borders etc, and for the general border graphics. Greatly appreciate the find and work involved.
* Parom
-- Explaining how/why StateKey/Window(s) suck, and don't work properly.
* Cylus
-- Everything he is now doing at his own will on interfaces <32u!

ScreenShots:
Screenshots can be found here.

Also you will notice the mini-map is all blue in 2 of the screenshots. That is because it was a clean /reloadui and I had not moved yet. The second you move, it auto-fixes itself. Problem with ingame mechanics.

Screenie #1:
Horizontal/Vertical Groups

Screenie #2:
Healing Groups (w/ Self. Option to not show self in UI Settings)

Screenie #3:

Mini-Groups

Screenie #4:

Class Colors Chart (Accessible in-game, so it is easier to learn)

Last edited by Apoco : 08-16-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:38 PM

Do you think you could load up some SS's so we could see how this looks? I'm intrigued by the fact that you based it off of CMod and that it's very hotkey friendly. I'd still like something nice to look at, but I need it to be functional too.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod

Send a message via ICQ to Apoco Send a message via AIM to Apoco Send a message via MSN to Apoco Send a message via Yahoo to Apoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peli
Do you think you could load up some SS's so we could see how this looks? I'm intrigued by the fact that you based it off of CMod and that it's very hotkey friendly. I'd still like something nice to look at, but I need it to be functional too.

Thanks!
Doing it now. Had to take some new ones, the ones I had...were...private ;-)
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod

*Update* Screenies are posted.
http://www.vgsohinterface.com/downlo...do=file&id=104 Go there to see them.

Also you will notice the mini-map is all blue in 2 of the screenshots. That is because it was a clean /reloadui and I had not moved yet. The second you move, it auto-fixes itself. Problem with ingame mechanics.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco
Yes I did copy the majority of this from CMod. Why? Because its clean, cut, and looks great. No point in spending time to make my own little "Color Scheme" Thanks CMod!
Just wondering why this isnt a COMPILATION instead of Complete UI <scratch his head>.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adurin
Just wondering why this isnt a COMPILATION instead of Complete UI <scratch his head>.
That was intended to be about the actual post format (look at cmods post, you'll see what I mean). Not the UI Coding itself. I updated the download post text to reflect that. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM

UI is very tiny which I like. The health of your group in the lil red bars is really really tough to see names b/c of the different colors. I love the bar at the top though. Oh, and there seems to be no real flow of chat boxes into the hot keys...
Old 04-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
VGInterface Super Mod

I haven't had any issues with reading the health in the Tiny Frames. Though that is designed more with a melee character in mind, who does not have to keep track of the entire groups hp/mana/endurance etc. What do you mean by a flow of the hotkeys into the chat window? The only thing I could imagine that means is some graphic that forces the chatwindows/hotkeys somewhere so it looks right, that is exactly what I did not want. The entire idea behind the UI is to remove all of the unnecessary graphics (ie things like "borders" etc) to maximize viewing space and custom ability.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:44 PM

You definatly achieved max space, that is what seperates this UI from the rest that i have tried. When I mean flow, like in Drox's UI, the lower bar connects to the hotkeys which makes it flow.

Don't get me wrong, your UI kicks a$$
Old 04-02-2007, 11:32 PM

im playing on a 1650x1050 rez, and i cant seem to move the status bar at the top to the center of my screeen

also is it possible to add some healing slots for the Horizontal group windows? You have some for the vertical just not the horizontal.