VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 06-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha
Default PoI Logging & Database (Mainly Resource Nodes for Harvesters)

Automatic PoI Logging

The PoI Logging System has now been released as version 1. (The beta discussions can be found here: http://vginterface.com/forums/showthread.html?t=1558 )

This is mostly aimed at harvesters who want to record PoIs for resource nodes. However you can use this system to record other locations too, including mobs, NPCs, altars, mailboxes... whatever you like.

The data is saved into chat log files by clicking on a hotkey. Then the parser provided on my website converts your log file data into PoIs in a CustomPoINames.txt file. The set up is simple, just a few steps to complete. Then the logging is really easy. For example, click on a resource node to start harvesting, then click on the logging hotkey whilst waiting to get the resource - it couldn't be simpler!

Set up instructions, further details and the parser itself can all be found here: www.soresha.net/vgpoi/

PoI Database with Custom Downloads

You can download a CustomPoINames.txt file to add map markers to your ingame maps. After this morning's update, the database now contains 1951 PoIs, of which 1037 are resource nodes.

The admin scripts needed to accuracy process the resource data are finished, and updates are now occurring at least once a week. The backlog of data from the beta period has been cleared (338 resource nodes were added from submissions in the last 10 days!)

You can customise your download, and select PoIs by type and by continent. The download page can be found here: www.soresha.net/vgpoi/download.html

PoIs on Maps of the Continents

The PoIs are shown here on separate maps for each continent: www.soresha.net/vgmap/

Version 2 of the maps is now in the planning stages, and will use the same PoI categories as the download page. I will also be adding the ability to preview a download selection on the maps.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Soresha

Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha
Default Updates to Parser and Downloads

Updates to Parser

Version 1.1 has been released today. This includes:

- Dot ratings are now captured (as well as level) for mobs that are logged with the mob hotkey.
- Up to 5 log files can now be uploaded at the same time. The results are combined into a single CustomPoINames.txt file.
- The results from the parser are now given in a separate window, including the number of PoIs found in each file.
- Unknown PoIs are no longer included in the output on the (rare) occasions that the game doesn't report the identity of a targeted object.

Updates to Downloads

A standard Diplomacy collection has been added, and the customized downloads section now includes:

- Tier 6 resources node locations.
- Separate Adventuring and Quests categories.
- Separate Features and Locations categories.

Database Growth

Today's database total is 2342 entries, including 1282 for resources. That's 391 more entries in the 8 days since my last post, of which 245 are resource nodes logged by players.

So if you've been doing some logging lately, then thank you and keep up the good work!
And if (like a guildie of mine) you've not got around to setting it up yet, it's time to get started and join in!

Soresha
Old 06-10-2007, 12:53 PM

Here's a little example image I just made, it's taken from the continent maps on the website and shows the Southwatch area on Thestra:

Old 06-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Apoco Send a message via AIM to Apoco Send a message via MSN to Apoco Send a message via Yahoo to Apoco

Great site man! Keep up the good work.
Feature Request
FAQ
Proud Member of Blades of Wrath
Author of AssimX UI
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Cry Spoon!!
Premium Member

Awesome work Soresha! Reminds me of Arista's TimerMod site for EQ1. Very well made and easy to use.

All you geniuses always impress me with your skills hehe. Keep it up.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Default >3000 entries, weee!!

>3000 Locations!

Today's updates just took the total number of PoI entries in the database to 3043.

I've also made a few minor updates to the maps associated with the database. The InfoMap project has kept me busy for the last few weeks, but I'm going to switch back to database improvements for a bit now. I'd really like to get the map working as a preview option for the PoI downloads.

Soresha
Old 07-06-2007, 07:09 AM

Now >3500 entries in the database!

Over 500 more PoIs in the last 7 days, not bad eh? And of course Cobal has the new data to be displayed on the web atlas too.

I've recently improved the database status on the downloads page, so you can now see what kind of PoIs have been added when an update occurs.

Look out for a new version of the InfoMap mod soon, with all the new resource node locations included!

Soresha

Old 07-06-2007, 04:43 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to Apoco Send a message via AIM to Apoco Send a message via MSN to Apoco Send a message via Yahoo to Apoco

looks nice, great job!

An idea for thought though;
Give an ability to set which poi's are added to the map. Personally, I don't want most of them, just plants
Feature Request
FAQ
Proud Member of Blades of Wrath
Author of AssimX UI
Old 07-07-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco
looks nice, great job!

An idea for thought though;
Give an ability to set which poi's are added to the map. Personally, I don't want most of them, just plants
Assuming you mean the InfoMap mod, this is something everyone wants, including me.

It's what I refer to as the future "advanced" version - and we're working on it. I did consider releasing different versions of the current "basic" InfoMap as a temporary solution, but if everyone wants 1 or 2 resources types of their choice... it's just too many combinations.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 PM

great work Soresha! Love it.