I've started work on what will be v1.1 of MiniCards. Here's some piccies and info.
First, I've made a little presence status window. I found that particularly when I'm doing quests I need to switch gear to get the required presence, and I wanted to see at a glance what the effect of the gear I equipped was.
The presence window toggles on/off using the rod button on the strategy window. I expect people may want to have it showing whilst doing diplo, but will definitely want to hide it again when adventuring.
Then the larger piece of work is to tackle the parley window.
The design objectives for me are:
- use the mini cards
- make the window smaller, more compact
- create more room for the NPC name so it doesn't get cut short
- match the style of the strategy and library windows, i.e. use the handle not a full window with a title bar, and use the same, small bold font for all text.
I spent some time trying out different layouts just as mockups, and here's what I've ended up with vs. the default parley window.
- The strange words in between the cards are where it will say "Waiting for Opponent".
- The words in the bars at the top/bottom will be the NPC/your name.
- The names and the turns numbers won't have the dark backgrounds behind them, they will probably be in black text instead.
- The number on the parley indicator will be shrunk to the smaller, bold font to match the rest of the window.
What you see is just a rough mockup, I'll make a start on actually creating it soon. If people have any feedback or suggestions to give it would be most welcome, and now is the time to do so!