Originally Posted by Sarrene
yay! welcome back!! I am glad to see you back again and look forwards to more wonderfull ideas and interfaces.
Originally Posted by dosi
Welcome back , looking forward to seeing your Core Ui 3.0
Originally Posted by Nitrius
Welcome back! I've been thinking of returning to VG myself lately, but i'll wait till after the merge i think..
Originally Posted by Howry
Woo Hoo! Glad your back Nadger.
Thanks guys, its good to be back...and yeah when i heard about the server merge it finally pushed me that little bit extra i needed to come back.
Originally Posted by SHAKALL
That's the good news of the day! Welcome back!
I am actually using Core + Nadger because the HUD are much better to keep an eye on what is happening in the battle.
*good choice keeping the "Golden Eye", which is the best HUD I think. But if it was possible to customize it (size, heigth, distance from the toon, ...) that would be a must.
* the other one I liked was the "..." an horizontal one with your life in the middle and the END / MANA over or under it. Problem: the colored part had to be reloaded at each log on.
Some comments on the Drox UI, which is a really good one, and on Nadger:
* The def target huds does not show the target of your adversary (neither does Nadger's ...) and I , most of the time, get some "???" instead of a name.
* All the "group huds" in Drox , do not give you the opportunity of getting a menu: disband/leave/ ...
* In Drox and Nadgers, all the windows do not have the same name when activated to be moved (semi transparent) and when looked for in the UI board. This is quite annoying when looking at what window is the one popping on one side of the screen...
* The group's huds in Nadgers are nice looking but lack of any Mana and End indication. Drox's are less fun but better.
* Good idea: the buff group button.
Not sure which HUD you are talking about for the 2nd HUD besides goldeneye that you liked. Nor am I sure what colored part had to be reloaded. As far as the HUD sizing based on how far in or out you are zoomed, that is not possible within the limitations of the xml.
When it shows ??? that isnt the vault of the UI...thats the fault of your stats. Your INT/DEX or whatever likely isnt high enough to preceive what is going on in the battle so your character isnt sure who your targets target is, so it shows a ???.
HUDs by nature are not meant to be clicked on, they're meant to be clicked through so they dont block your ability to target or move the camera. But there will be no group HUDs in Core 3.0 as the normal group window is small enough to function as a HUD if needed.
I'll make sure I keep the window names the same as the options so its easier to tell what is what.
Since the group window also functions as a HUD (though its clickable) it contains end/mana as well as HP. So you can easily track that as well.
The group buffs/heals hotkeys are toggleable for characters that have no use for it.