VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces

Old 08-19-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soresha
This is a very bad suggestion and not the approach to take with any UI mod. It may look like you've removed the button window, but you haven't.

The actual definition for the redirector button window is elsewhere in the InfoMap UI mod, up in VGUIMap.xml. Hacking out a file which provides a component of a window like this does not stop the client attempting to produce that window - it only causes it to fail on the attempt. Rather than reducing UI lag by removing the window from what the client will draw, you are quite possibly increasing it instead, effectively slowing down the game.

This is exactly why the UI Customizer application was written - to enable players to easily remove unwanted components, to do it permanently, and to do it correctly across the multiple XML files involved such that it reduces the load on the client for people with low spec PCs.

Hacking files out is also not a permanent solution - it only lasts until the next release. The UI Customizer allows players to save a profile of all the components they do and don't want, and reload that same profile quickly for a new release.

As a side note there is also the option to hide hotbars (without permanently removing them) from within the InfoMap options window ingame. This is useful if you want certain components in your UI layout for some alts but not others.
You're right, and it would fine if the in-game options didnt show it as disabled already. I should have stated it was a temp fix but most people wold know that its only as good until its updated. I could not get the UI Customizer to remove my button for some reason and nor could I move it at all. This action does allow the placeholder to be moved in layout mode without being forced to edit the xml, something not every is comfy with, then rename the file back to its original name. If you need a screenshot, I can provide.

Seeing as you are going to update it, this whole thing is moot, maybe you re-think its placement and allow this nifty tool to interact better with Drox UI (with minimap off the on map buttons are still there).

Im sorry if you feel I intruded on your turf here, calling me a hack(er) and chewing my butt for being helpful serves no purpose here other than stroke your own ego. There were no signs of you or any of the other authors around at this time, so my approach is justified.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatris
You're right, and it would fine if the in-game options didnt show it as disabled already. I should have stated it was a temp fix but most people wold know that its only as good until its updated. I could not get the UI Customizer to remove my button for some reason and nor could I move it at all. This action does allow the placeholder to be moved in layout mode without being forced to edit the xml, something not every is comfy with, then rename the file back to its original name. If you need a screenshot, I can provide.
All the hotbar windows move in layout mode. It's possible you've got an older version like 2.3 when it used to be a little tricky (you had to grab them at the edges), but in 2.4 they were changed to make moving them very easy indeed. Actually if you are using an older Drox compilation it's quite possible it came with an older InfoMap - this is starting to sound familiar. You can check the version on the Index tab of the large browser window.

Interesting you mention it showing as disabled - I saw that and fixed it yesterday, but assumed it was a local accident during recent development. I'm stunned, if it's truly been that way for 2+ years and no one reported it to me!

Quote:
Seeing as you are going to update it, this whole thing is moot, maybe you re-think its placement and allow this nifty tool to interact better with Drox UI (with minimap off the on map buttons are still there).
InfoMap is a map plugin that either drops into the default UI or another UI mod. A long time ago Vanguard's modding community agreed on some standards for how that works. So I don't intrude on them or design for specific UI styles beyond the default UI. That said some UI authors will choose to make tweaks of their own to InfoMap when including it - and of course they are free to do so.

Also please keep in mind that little things like placement of buttons always comes down to personal preference and you can't please everyone.

Quote:
Im sorry if you feel I intruded on your turf here, calling me a hack(er) and chewing my butt for being helpful serves no purpose here other than stroke your own ego. There were no signs of you or any of the other authors around at this time, so my approach is justified.
Ah now you're wrong I'm afraid.

I already replied to your first post on the InfoMap mod's page saying I was working on updating the mod, before you made your second post:
http://www.vginterface.com/downloads...pAdvanced.html

There's nothing wrong with "hacking", all UI modding could be called that. But if people put out bad information I have a responsibility to the community as the mod's author to correct that information and explain why it is not advisable. I hope you can understand that.

And if you do find glitches in any mods, please provide that information upfront to UI authors. Posting suggested actions without reporting the problem you're trying to work around does not help anyone! Once you start to describe what you're seeing, and that you're using a version of Drox, I can start to make guesses as to what might be going on in your case.

Now... I have work to do and a new version to get out.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 AM

ok all be quiet and let Soresha work in quiet.
You know we all love you
Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Soresha Send a message via AIM to Soresha Send a message via MSN to Soresha Send a message via Yahoo to Soresha

Yay I've finished working!

InfoMap Advanced v2.5

http://www.soresha.net/infomap/

Full VG forums thread here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/po...topic_id=58531

VGInterface pages:
http://www.vginterface.com/downloads...pAdvanced.html
http://www.vginterface.com/downloads...rSwitcher.html

Changes
  • Rift map window updated for the changes to the Veskal's Exchange, Kaon's Rush, Misthaven Crossing and Silverlake riftways and fixed the Dead Bog riftway buttons.
  • Thestra services data layer updated for the changes to Veskal's Exchange, Kaon's Rush, Misthaven Crossing and Silverlake riftways. (Corresponding POIs updated in the database.)
  • Text layer updated with a dozen additional dungeon locations, plus changes to some dungeon names and levels. Also evened out the background brightness behind some of the text labels.
  • Added references to the new default UI windows (VGUIInfoMessage.xml, VGUIAuctionWnd.xml, VGUIBuildingNPCs.xml, VGUIAlternateAdvancementWnd.xml, VGUICommerceWnd.xml, VGParts05.xml and VGParts06.xml). This is for players using the standalone version of InfoMap with the default UI.
  • Updated both the main map and mini map to use the new MapWindow component type. You can now zoom in/out using the mouse scroll wheel over these windows, as per the default UI.
  • Turned off the feature for automatic selection of harvesting layers from the mini map by default. It's a cool feature, but not friendly to low spec PCs. However it can easily be turned back on if you wish via the UICustomizer tool that comes with InfoMap.
  • Created a new, replacement redirector web page on Soresha.net linked to the free-floating redirector button in InfoMap. This provides easy access to useful community sites or any other web page from within the game.

Note About Zooming

Zooming the maps in/out on the mouse wheel is flakey for me, sometimes it skips zoom levels, regardless of whether I use InfoMap or the default UI maps. You may get better results, but this is down to client behaviour, or possibly mouse settings, not the UI mod. If it doesn't work great for you, the options to double-left-click and right-click to zoom in/out are still there as they always were.

Screenshots

Last edited by Soresha : 08-19-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: layout
Old 08-20-2012, 08:11 AM

I downloaded whatever versions of drox and Infomap available here on VGIand did drop 2.4 into the drox map folder since I couldnt be sure what version of Infomap was there. Getting the new version of Infomap now.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:30 PM

When ever I try to use your standalone map UI my game wont even get to the log in screen before crashing it doesn't provide any reports justs starts and then stops after the little load pic before the game finishes loading. Seems like a wonderful thing you have made and I really want to use it but I sadly cant. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Edit: Nvm I found the problem I had the name mistyuped slightly

Last edited by WaffleKing : 08-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleKing
When ever I try to use your standalone map UI my game wont even get to the log in screen before crashing it doesn't provide any reports justs starts and then stops after the little load pic before the game finishes loading. Seems like a wonderful thing you have made and I really want to use it but I sadly cant. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?

Edit: Nvm I found the problem I had the name mistyuped slightly
Yep! If you put a UI mod in and the game doesn't even start, then it's always a silly typo and the ShellName=... doesn't match the directory.

Glad you found it.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Default InfoMap Advanced v2.6

InfoMap Advanced v2.6
http://www.soresha.net/infomap/

Full post on the VG forums is here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/in...e-updates.169/

Changes:
  • Added Lorestones to the diplomacy/miscellaneous data layer.
  • Added links on the Harvest tab to load full housing plot maps in the ingame browser window.
  • Added Misthaven Mines to outposts/dungeons text layer.
  • Updated Hathor Zhi and Temple of Dailuk riftways (now blue) in Rift Map window and on the Qalia services data layer.
  • Updated the zone information layers for mob level ranges and harvesting tiers affected by the revamp.
  • Updated the harvesting data layers for Thestra, Qalian and Kojan.
  • Fixed link on the web re-director page for the new forums location.
Screenshots:

Lorestones on the Diplomacy/Miscellaneous Data Layer

Housing Maps on the Harvest Tab - The buttons are at the very bottom!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Default Can minimap respect UiLock state?

Thank you very much for all your work. I couldn't live (in Telon) without this mod.

I have a small request: can you make it so that the minimap respects the /uilock state? As it is now, I can always drag and resize it whether or not the interface is locked. I often do so accidentally, and then have to spend some time getting it repositioned and scaled perfectly (OCD).
Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 PM

Just a quick note to say InfoMap v2.8 is now out.

Full thread on the offical forums here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/in...-updates.1786/