It's out of beta now.
Here's the run down...
NB: These are the UI window at their actual size
This UI mod has the following features:
- Provides 8 sets of gear per character dedicated to the diplomacy stations.
- Provides up to 8 custom sets of gear per character, for any combination of the equipment sheets.
- Supports up to 6 characters and switches between them automatically, with nothing to do when you change character.
- Modular approach to characters and sets of gear, expanding as required and allowing individual sets to be updated easily.
- Details of a character's equipment are recorded directly from the game, no need to type out the names of items.
- Configurations for sets of gear can be changed "on the fly", by alt-tabbing out of the game temporarily and reloading the UI when returning.
- Provides a robust solution for equipping, moving and removing items, including built in protection against successive commands being given too quickly to execute correctly.
- Separate UI windows with banks of dedicated buttons for switching gear, without using up any hotkey slots.
- Main UI window provides basic usage information and control buttons for recording and loading the sets of gear.
- Status window reporting the last set of gear equipped. Can be toggled on/off from the main UI window.
- Hotbar with two buttons for opening/closing the banks of gear buttons and the main UI window.
- Integrates with the MiniCards UI mod, which is able to open/close the bank of station gear buttons on their own.
Creating Sets of Gear
The sets of gear are defined in custom XML files, and I have provided a service to create these quickly and easily. First you record a log file from the game using a button on the main GearSwitcher window. Then you turn the log file into an XML file on my website. Once you've saved the XML file back into the mod directory, just reload the UI and it's there for use.
Ok there's a few more options too and some more detailed instructions are available, but that's basically how it works. Here's a pic of the XML creation page on my website which does the work for you:
Removing Gear/Emptying Slots
The mod includes functionality to remove items if you leave slots empty when recording the log file (if that equipment sheet has been included).
this relies on a recent fix made to the /remove command, which at this time is still only available on the Test server. This functionality will start working within GearSwitcher as soon as this fix has been patched to the live servers in the New Year.
To accompany this new mod, there are a couple of other new releases.
Thank you to everyone who tested the beta versions, and Ikik for fixing that /remove command for me.