VGInterface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   VGInterface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Ghost
VGInterface Super Mod
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Location: Currently live in Alabama, though Michigan shall always be home.
Send a message via Yahoo to Sarrene
Question Your UI Wish list/Question

I am hopefully, going to have a chance to ask a few questions in the coming weeks (months?) and I would like to get a short list of wish lists that you as modders and players have been storing up. So I'm setting up a list. I may as well get started on it now.

So here is what i would like to hear from everyone (modder and player alike)
Two top things on your wish list.
One question you would like to ask the devs.
Please try to keep them as short and direct as possible. I know it is hard at times, especially for me.

My Question for the devs:
What are the most important changes you are or wil be working on next with the gui?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 PM

Really? 2 is all we get? Ok, I'll try;

/savehotkeys or some similar command would be awesome.
More key bindings... I really don't get why these are limited at all.

My question:
Is there any kind of timeline on when you would like to begin working on adding some more items to the UI?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Item #1: Can we please for the love of all that is held holy be given the ability to sort, search, or in any way clean up the crafting recipe lists.

Item #2: Due to the fact that minions and pets now despawn when you mount or a variety of other things can we either have the pet/minion default to the last set state (follow, stay, etc) or have a gamevar added to tell us the current minion/pet state so that I can make the highlight in CoreUI more accurate.

Question: Is there anything that we as the mod community can do to help make the UI better?

I can't decide on a question and they all sound stupid. Why can't we just get a few hours of dev love per patch for UI items damn it!

Last edited by techywarrior : 01-22-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:50 PM

wishlist-
Ability to Mod Inv bags (allinone)
as the OP I want to be able to control Font(scale,color,type) for chat and UI(tooltips,overhead names, etc)

Question
Why after more than a year do i still have to /flush several times a play session to clear up bugged ui windows( Quest log, Market, etc) and When can we finally expect these bugs fixed?

I know this is #3 but.. this http://vginterface.com/forums/showthread.html?t=2270

Last edited by Kyel : 01-22-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added
Old 01-23-2009, 02:57 AM

1) Remove auto display of tooltips on bags and others. This is a UI feature and should be controlled by that. If there is no tooltip tag in the xml, then there should be no tooltip. This means alos that the settings "Use ALT for tooltip" should work consistently on anything.

2) Let us mod position of tooltips and all other popup windows. There was/is a default position for them, but a lot was hardcoded and doesnt care for the posittion of that window.

---
#1+2 are almost gamebreakers. On a 1280x1024 screen i cant see the wardrobe in 99% of all cases. The tooltip is hovering over my char and i cant see how the item looks on my char.

Last edited by eugam : 01-23-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:23 AM

#1 add a game variable to show the state of lock ui.
#2 add the commands to save diplo decks similar to /saveui, etc.

When are we going to get a more publicly accessable UI dev to ask questions to about the UI so we can do our work easier and better.

Craeat
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Thumbs down

Is there any way to "lock" buttons into custom uis (like CORE3) on custom hotbars like the "blockbar" of Core?

I often put a slew of macros there and since we cannot save macro "files" I end up retyping them when I accidently drag one off the edge in a hurry.

#2 (oops the PREVIOUS poster said this already hehe)
Is there an easy way to add a "buffwatch" either custom to a UI or if the UI makers would do this? In effect, as a warrior - I'd like to know when my Undying Might or Warder's Bulwark drops but when raidbuffed, even with scrolling windows that's a lot of buffs to eyeball. I keep the "my debuffs on mob" winder very centered so I can refresh those but this would help me for MY self-buffs.

#3 on my char I can't seem to get my "weaknesses" window to show. Even (on Core) when I go to layout mode, I do not see that window anywhere. It appears on other chars - have to check if only on my other 2 accounts however. Note that I needed to reos my pc recently so this probrlem continued over a reinstall - originally thought was just some messed up file setitng but still there.