Holy Site Rules of VGInterface
To all board users:
With apologies to Monty Python:
Vanguard: Yes, I can help you find the Vanguard UI Mod.
Vanguard UI Modders: Oh, thank you. Oh...
Vanguard: To the north there lies a cave -- the cave of VGInterface -- wherein, carved in mystic runes upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin Bedwere of Rheged... *boom* ...make plain the last resting place of the Vanguard UI Mod.
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Where could we find this cave, O Vanguard?
Vanguard: Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave Vanguard UI Modders, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: What an eccentric performance.
*clop clop clop*
Greybur: They're nervous, sire.
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Then we'd best leave them here and carry on on foot. Dis-mount!
Vanguard: Behold the cave of VGInterface!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Right! Keep me covered.
Greybur: What with?
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: W-- just keep me covered.
Vanguard: Too late!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: What?
Vanguard: There he is!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Where?
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: What, behind the Board Troll?
Vanguard: It *is* the Board Troll.
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: You silly sod!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: You got us all worked up!
Vanguard: Well, that's no ordinary Board Troll!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Ohh.
Vanguard: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered troll you ever set eyes on!
Jalen: You git! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
Vanguard: Look, that Board Troll's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Greybur: Get stuffed!
Vanguard: He'll do you up a treat, mate.
Greybur: Oh, yeah?
Jalen: You mangy Scots git!
Vanguard: I'm warning you!
Jalen: What's he do, nibble your bum?
Vanguard: He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
Sigil Games OnlineŽ: Go on, Aradune. Chop his head off!
Aradune: Right! Silly little bleeder. One Board Troll stew comin' right up!
Sigil Games Online®: Jesus Christ!
Vanguard: I warned you!
Jalen: I done it again!
Vanguard: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little Board Troll, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
Sigil Games Online®: Oh, shut up!
Vanguard: Do they listen to me?
Sigil Games Online®: Right!
Vanguard: Oh, no...
Vanguard UI Modders: Charge!
*squeak squeak squeak*
Vanguard UI Modders: Aaaaugh!, Aaaugh!, etc.
Sigil Games Online®: Run away! Run away!
Vanguard UI Modders: Run away! Run away!...
Vanguard: Ha ha ha ha! Ha haw haw! Ha! Ha ha!
Sigil Games Online®: Right. How many did we lose?
Abigale Seashadow: Glip the Gnome.
Greybur: Elandar, Mighty Wizard.
Sigil Games Online®: And Aradune. That's five.
Greybur: Three, sir.
Sigil Games Online®: Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault. That Board Troll's dynamite.
Jalen: Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
Sigil Games Online®: Oh, shut up and go and change your armour.
Greybur: Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
Sigil Games Online®: Like what?
Greybur: Well... ooh.
Abigale Seashadow: Have we got bows?
Sigil Games Online®: No.
Abigale Seashadow: We have the Holy Site Rules.
Sigil Games Online®: Yes, of course! The Holy Site Rules of VGInterface! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Dolby carries with him! Brother Dolby! Bring up the Holy Site Rules!
Vanguard UI Users: *chanting* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack* Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. *whack*
Sigil Games Online®: How does it, um-- how does it work?
Abigale Seashadow: I know not, my liege.
Sigil Games Online®: Consult the Book of Armaments!
Dolby: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
Cairenn: And Saint Attila raised the Site Rules up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy Site Rules that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
Dolby: Skip a bit, Sister.
Cairenn: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Slander. Then, shalt thou Post with Respect. No more. No less. Respect shalt be the Tone thou shalt Post, and the Tone of the Posting shall be Respect. Spam shalt thou not Post, nor either Post thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to Respect. Flaming is right out. Once the Tone Respect, being the Respectful Tone, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Site Rules of VGInterface towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall Ban it.'
Vanguard UI Modders: Amen.
Sigil Games Online®: Right! One!... Two!... Flaming!
Greybur: Respect, sir!
Sigil Games Online®: Respect!
*Vanguard players sing*
To mod authors specifically re the upload of their mods:
also known as:
The condensed version, for those that aren't Monty Python fans. ;)
1. Post with respect and courtesy. Debate is fine ... so long as when you disagree with someone, you respond in a civilized and constructive manner.
2. No slander. Don't come here and slam/flame anyone/thing. Don't come here sounding off that Vanguard sucks, Blizz sucks, EQ sucks, mod_author_01 sucks, etc and so on. None of that. You want to post things like that, take it elsewhere, there are enough other boards that cater to that type of thing. This isn't FlameVault. See 1.
3. Don't spam. If you have something to discuss, a question to ask, advice to give, that's fine. The occasional silly post/joke/whatever in Chit Chat forum is fine. (Example - my post directly above this. ;)) But posting random crap for no reason other than to post random crap ... just don't do it.
4. Don't break Vanguard EULA or ToS. If you come here and post something that breaks Vanguard EULA or ToS, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
Do not, repeat DO NOT, make usernames/post threads that:
- Promote racial/ethnic hatred
- Are recognized as a racial/ethnic slur
- Allude to a symbol of racial/ethnic hatred
- Refer to extreme and/or violent sexual acts
- Refer to extremely violent real life actions
- Are Real-Life Threats
- Insultingly refer to any aspect of sexual orientation pertaining to themselves or other players
- Impersonate a VGInterface or Vanguard Employee
- Are an inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
- Are pornographic in nature
- Are Obscene/Vulgar
- Include Inappropriate language
- Are Harassing or Defamatory
- Insultingly refer to other characters, players, VGInterface or Vanguard employees, or groups of people
- Negatively portray major religions or religious figures
- Promote national hatred
- Are recognized as national slurs
- Allude to symbols of national hatred
- Refer to abusing illegal drugs
- Refer to performing illegal activities
We've never allowed things like that on any of our other boards, we won't allow them here. Users who make usernames/post threads that fall into any of the above will at the very least be given a warning, have their username changed or their thread deleted (as appropriate), and may face temporary suspension from the board. Extreme cases, or repeated instances can and will lead to a permanent IP Ban from the board.
Not following these rules will (at minimum) get you warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
(more to be added as necessary)
Signature Rules, copied from our rules on EQInterface
I know a lot of you like to have graphic signatures. I am going to ask that if you wish to have a graphic signature that you make them not exceeding the following dimensions and size limit.
Max Width = 465 pixels
updated cause my sigs width is a little bigger then 450 width. Since this is my forum I can change the rules :P
Max Height = 150 pixels
Max File size = 30kb
*Also the use of Huge or Oversized Text
Anything exceeding these limits will be removed with out notice.
The reason for this is tall signatures just take up way to much vertical space making it more difficult to read threads. The reason for the width limit is so all posts fit well on a 800x600 screen. The file size limit is for those who have slower connections.
*Please refrain from using "huge" or "large" text, especially in conjunction with larger pictures
Signatures that advertise a product or service can and will result in the owners account being permanently banned.
Thanks for understanding.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
VGInterface.com Copyright Š2005
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is a registered Trademark of Sigil Games Online.