TBird DroxUI Compilation v2.9.4
TBird DroxUI Compilation v2.9.5 Changes
NEW TBird Clock Compass
- Updated new TBird Compass/Clock so that the FPS/Ping ring acts as a lag meter, color changes due to level of lag. Thanks to idea from Jehcan.
- Added a separate lag meter, which is the same lag meter from the TBird Compass Clock for those wanting a true lag meter but not use the new clock/compass.
- Modified both Vertical Group HUD's (the new TBird Vertical Group HUD, and the default Drox Vertical Group HUD), to display Jin/Virtue of your character in a small yellow bar under your name.
- Updated to InfoMap 2.7
- TBird Compass/Clock changed, so that when the icon shows for adventure or crafting points available to spend, you can click the icon to open the character window.
- All current patches and fixes are rolled up, plus is compatible with all current updates.
TBird DroxUI Compilation v2.9 Changes
- Select able from the Control Panel, Info Bar Tab
- Left circle contains FPS and PING, and is a lag meter. The ring color will change with level of lag.
- Center window will display Outpost icon (if in outpost), Unread Mail, Compass, and way point distance if a way point is selected. Also Earth and Telon times.
- Right circle will display a graphical representation of Telon Time.
- Along the bottom of the center information window on the left side a Blue circle with a sword in it will appear when you have adventure points to spend, a orange circle with a bag in it will appear when you have crafting points to spend, and on the right a button to open the browser to the redirect page is there.
Fully Free to Play Compatible: All items purchased in marketplace with warning for Default UI will work in TBird Drox. This is a major update, if you have issues upgrading then delete your DroxUI folder and start the installation new.
A note about upgrading. Significant changes to the index.xml file, it is recommended to backup your current index.xml (if you have personal modifications in it), and after you re install then you can make the changes:
Notes about 2.9 Release
- Rename index.xml and TBird_Config.cfg to index_orig.xml and TBird_Config_orig.cfg
- Copy the new files over.
Currently this is a pre-release to the changes I have in store for v3.0. Mostly it will be to the TBird Drox Setup program, where it will have the ability to check your installation and copy the files to the appropriate places. No more editing VGClient.ini, or copying layouts, and so forth. Of course unless you want to
Feel free to leave feedback on VGInterface.com
Or on Sony Forums:
TBird Drox Setup
A setup program is in the main folder of the UI to change some functions of the UI such as:
- Choice of crafting windows:
- Choice of three styles of Quest/Abilities windows.
- Choice of Hotbars (All types, horizontal, main, 12x12, forms, reactions, etc..)
- Choice of Bank/Bag Windows
- Choice of Buff Windows
- Choice of Quest Tracker
- See Features Link above for more details!
Mixing the elements of two great UI’s, DroxUI and Core3UI. Some customized elements, such as smaller or larger hotbars, and small buff windows. All options are available either in the Control Panel in game and the rest from the included setup program.
- DroxUI with all updates to be compatible with the latest update (12/18/2012).
- TBird Drox Setup to easily change options available, see below for features selectable.
- Commerce Window icon is dragable, and now small SC symbol
- Gap Fix. Some video cards experience gaps in parts of the UI, these are fixed with the updates included.
- Infomap 2.6 by Soresha and crew
- MiniCards Diplo UI by Soresha and crew
- GearSwitcher by Soresha and Crew (Can be turned on or off in TBird Drox Setup)
- Zepheris's Web Window by Zepheris
- CoreUI Emotes button (selectable from TBird Drox Settings in game)
- CoreUI Merchant Window
- TBird Shortcut Bar (selectable from the TBird Drox Settings in game)
- Tbird Stats Window (Selectable from the TBird Drox Settings in game)
- TBird Combat Stats Window (Selectable from the TBird Drox Setting in game)
- Group Healer Hot Bars
- Info windows showing vital stats of your character
- Buff Bar
- TBird Waypoint Tracker (Select-ble from TBird Drox Settings)
- Minimal look to avoid screen clutter
- All HUD's reworked to for a clean minimal look
- And much more....
First Things to Do:
Setup steps to complete after installation:
- Make sure the default UI is set to DroxUI. (See Below in “Setup Steps to Complete after Installation”)
- Unzip the download, and copy the DroxUI folder to your shells folder, you can find it in <Vangaurd game folder>\VGUIAssets\Shells. Note if you are upgrade, you should see a warning message that you are overwriting files, if you didn't then you are likely in the wrong place.
- In the DroxUI folder is a user folder that contains layout presets and user.ini options, copy the contents (not the folder) to <Vangaurd game folder>\bin. If upgrading you can skip this step.
- Run TBird Drox Setup to set your options. Could be run before step one, just will not see your changes in game until you do step one.
The TBird DroxUI Compilation is now installed in the proper folders for use in Vanguard. You will need to edit the VGClient.ini file in order to use the UI in game.
To prepare your VGClient.ini file for use, open up the file in a text editor such as notepad. The file is located in the following folder:
<Default install folder for Vangaurd Game>\bin
Example would be:
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Vanguard\bin
Once open, search for the line that says “Shellname=Default”. Yours may show something different if it was already setup with a customer UI. Replace it with “Shellname=DroxUI”, the folder name of where the UI is stored (default is DroxUI). Once this is done, you can go into the game and configure your layout.
Your UI in Game
Your screen will be a mess the first time. Major features are selected in the TBird Drox Setup program in your root UI folder. First time it should read your setup and determine it's option, go through each tab and select what you want. Any options in the Setup Program you have to change out of the game with Vanguard not running.
Start Vanguard, once you are in, hit escape and get the game menu up, and select TBird Drox Settings. Here there are more features you can turn on or off, and in the bottom of the window a check box to go to layout mode.
In layout mode you will see most of the windows and you can move them around as you please.
The first tab in the setting window gives you six slots to save layouts to, so you can have different ones, or try different ones. There are some presets loaded already, so if you have any problems finding a window try loading some different presets.
In the UI folder is a folder labeled “User” in there is default layouts, and original user.ini files in case you opted not to overwrite yours and you are having any issues.
To setup G15 or N52 keyboard/controllers please read the Readme.txt file in the DroxUI main folder.
Hope I do not miss anyone...
- Drox : For creating and maintaing the UI till he left Vanguard.
- Craete : For continuing the Drox UI project
- Miggy : For the initial work on the Abilities and Quest journals.
- Kilatre : For extensive help creating and support the N52 hotbar.
- Mother9987 : For the excellent example Compass/Clock mod ported from Jaxel's OCD EQ2 mod.
- MadOverlord : For the fantastic Maddy Crafting v2.12 Mod
- Nadger : For his great work on the Core3UI project
- Soresha : For the work on Mini Diplo Cards, Gearswitcher and InfoMap projects
- ...and many other mod developers for their help and inspiration along the way.
...and many other mod developers for their help and inspiration along the way.