Everquest II UI port for Vanguard
|Category: Plug-Ins and PatchesEverquest II UI port for Vanguard
Everquest II UI port for Vanguard - updated by Yandar
This interface was originally created by Ryono, but since he stopped updating the UI, i've taken over. I dont know if I'm going to add new features but ill try to keep it up to date with the vanguard so its still usable.
This is not actually a patch file but a replacement for the old interface.
Current Version: 2.0.0
Compatible with the Game Update 2
This is a port of the Everquest II ui for Vanguard. It uses a mix of (what I hope) are the best of both UIs. I have also included some extra goodies to make life that little easier in Telon ^^
The style of the UI is minimalistic, but still nice to look at.
This first release, is mainly a focus on the HUD and combat windows.
To download the original UI go here
How do I Install?
- Much improved Quest Log and Quest Tracker, with level/sphere and con (thanks to Parmon for his work on this).
- Smaller and Semi-transparent tooltips.
- Skinned to the Everquest II look (this is still a work in progress).
- VG button (just like the EQ2 button) to access major game windows.
- Smaller hotkey, buff & bag icons.
- 4 Optional Group layouts.
- 4 Optional buff and debuff layouts.
- Choose between Classic and new Infinity UnitFrame looks.
- Healer Helper for easier tracking of health bars in fight.
- Helper windows, including mount helper, ranged helper, duel wield helper and crafting helper!
- Choice of 5 xp bars - one for each sphere, and a dynamic one which changes depending on what you are doing.
- Basic Clock window.
- Casting bars locked. Can be moved easily in layout mode.
- Event Text (the text in the middle of the screen) can be moved in layout mode.
- EQ2 Conc bar acts as the Jin bar.
- Includes VGInfoPanel, a minimalistic panel mod with several small info windows to help de-clutter your ui.
- Support for the Map Standard.
- Open up your Vanguard install folder (default: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vanguard).
- Open the bin folder, and find vgclient.ini. If you can't find this file, you will need to log fully into the game, then exit. The file should then have been created.
If you still can't find it, check in C:\Documents and Settings\<yourname>\bin, it might be put there if it can't put it in Vanguard folder..
- Open vgclient.ini and search for [UI] and below it change ShellName=Default to ShellName=EQ2Mode
- Save the file and exit.
- Download the zip file, and copy the folder EQ2Mode inside to VGUIAssets\Shells in your Vanguard install folder.
- Boot up the game and enjoy.
- You can right click the VG button to change where the popup menu appears.
- Goto Main Menu > EQII Options, and tick Unlock Windows to move all the windows around. Note: Some windows can still be moved without this (usually non combat ones).
- Right clicking the bag icons, will open them all.
September 22 2007 (Version 2.0.0)
March 10 2007 (Version 1.1.2)
- Added display of rested xp.
- Fixed various errors concerning the social window.
- Added the new LFG window and its features.
- Added Outpost Icon
- Added Invite Info
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
Feb 22 2007 (Version 1.1.1)
- Fixed the Event Display Text (stuff that appears when you go into a new zone etc). Side effect of this, is its no longer movable. This may return to be movable in the future if I can get it to work again.
- Added a mail icon to VGInfoPanel thanks to Nadger.
- Added a new quest log and quest tracker, thanks to Parmon. I have made the following additional tweaks from his original code:
- Quest tracker is resizable so you can show more quests.
- Difficulty names in the quest tracker.
- Levels are color coded by sphere. Yellow = Adventuring, Blue = Crafting, Purple = Diplomacy.
- Fixed the quest tracker so long names that wrap on 2 lines don't overlap the status text.
- Probably some other stuff i've forgotten.
Feb 09 2007 (Version 1.1.0)
- Bank coin dragging FIXED. Thanks to Aldures for helping me fix this! This should now work for both the EQ2 money bar and VGInfoPanel money bar. PvP'ers rejoice and join me in dancing around the room for a bit. Finally I got my 6s out of my bank (lol).
- Added a 3x3 hotbar, at a request from one of my friends, Draig You can access this from the main EQ2 options panel.
- Added Agathorn's Work order window. This is a great improvement over the default window. Thanks Agathorn for allowing me to include it
- Big thanks to Fenriswolf (infineum - Die schwarze Schar), for the Quest window. They have made the quest window horizontal, so its much easier to read. Also apologies for not including it sooner, its been almost 2 weeks :s
- Offensive target debuffs & weakness have been put into its own window. This means you can position them where you like, seperate to the target window.
Feb 08 2007 (Version 1.0.7)
- Player Name offset when your the leader has been fixed.
- Group Window added for the new Infinity Skin!
- New Healers Helper!!11 Easier tracking of health those bars. Credit goes to Grimm/Drox, who both put this in their UI before me.
- Tweaked a few of the colors of the Infinity bars, including the background for Endurance and Mana.
Feb 08 2007 (Version 1.0.6)
- 2 Offensive Target windows should no longer appear to new users. Those of you which already seem them, please go into the EQ2 Options via the main menu, and turn off one of them under either Classic HUD, or Infinity HUD.
- There is no longer 2 Progression windows!
- Moved GOLDEN marker below the lvl, and simply displays a yellow G. This will be changed to a padlock in a future update.
- GOLDEN marker no longer shows all the time.
Feb 06 2007 (Version 1.0.4)
- Bags fixed
- Added some new HUD options, named Infinity. These include new Player Status, Defensive target & Offensive target windows. Group versions to come soon. You can access these from the Control Panel.
Feb 06 2007 (Version 1.0.3)
- VGInfoPanel updated to 1.0.5.
- Made the Bag windows smaller. For those who prefer the large windows, don't fret. I'm planning on making bag window mods optional addons.
- A few fixes for today's patch.
Feb 01 2007 (Version 1.0.1)
- Updated VGInfoPanel to version 1.0.4. This update includes many stat windows, current loot info and a fix for the bottom backgrounds. Note everyones Backgrounds will have been reset in this update (the top ones as well). If the bottom bar doesn't appear when you first login, restarting the game will make this appear again.
- VGInfoPanel backgrounds are now movable. This is not ideal, but the only way they work without being buggy.
- Changed Experience windows in VGInfoPanel to include proper raw xp values for adventuring and crafting. Other obselete (and not functional) xp windows have been removed.
- Made some targetting tweaks to the encounter window and group window. There was some small spaces where targetting wouldn't work.
- Added % to the experience bars.
- Changed back the Defensive and Offensive target windows to be movable only in layout mode.
- Renamed Combat tab to Classic HUD.
- Helpers no longer close on relog or pressing escape!
- Descriptions added back into the ability tooltip.
- Event Text window made large. Text was being clipped and sometimes not showing before.
- Player Window has been set as moveable only during layout mode.
- Offensive and Defensive windows have been set as movable ANY time.
- Social window has been pieced backed together. After feedback this was just a pain having it split up like EQ2. Guild tab is still the main focus. I hope one day that we can open to a certain tab, this is not possible atm.
- Clock added to VGInfoPanel! This is a 24 hour clock for now, but I plan to add a 12 hour later.
- Fixed a bug in the Intro window. Sorry this will mean it will popup for everyone once more (but will stay like that till a major update).
This interface was originally developed by Ryuno
but since he stopped updating the UI I updated it to GU2.
There have been no comments posted to this file.
Be the first to add one
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.